Relocation reimbursement eligibility is based on several factors. Your department contact will help you determine which expenses will be covered.
- House Hunting: Expenses related to a pre-move trip to the new location in order to find permanent housing. All expenses will be reported as taxable income.
- Relocation: Expenses related to moving your primary residence to the new location. Includes packing, shipping, unpacking, and transportation costs.
- Relocation Allowance: Funds provided as part of a hiring agreement. These monies are not reimbursed through AggieTravel—they are processed through Payroll.
- Temporary Lodging: Expenses for living in the new location while waiting for permanent housing. Limited to 30 days in most cases.
Please note that not all of the above will be reimbursable in all cases. Please confirm with your department what expenses are allowed in your case, if any.
Below is a summary of moving expenses that are eligible for reimbursement:
- Packing, transporting, and unpacking
- Insurance while in transit
- Storage costs
- Moving two personal motor vehicles
- Family travel expenses
- Temporary lodging
What’s Not Allowed
Below is a summary of moving expenses that are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Assembly and disassembly of unusual items
- Transport of non-domesticated animals
- Costs of kenneling any pets
- Motorized recreational vehicles
- Canned, frozen, or bulk foodstuffs
- Building supplies, farm equipment, and firewood