Before starting your first day at UC Davis Health, a recruitment coordinator will help guide you through important screenings and documentation.
A UC Davis Health recruitment coordinator will contact you during pre-employment to assist you with all the necessary steps and paperwork before beginning your first day.
New employees coming from other hospital and medical centers will likely be familiar with the process, but we’ve outlined the main actions that will occur during this time so you know what to expect. For those traveling from out-of-state or overseas, you will need to complete most of these items onsite. Please wait until your recruitment coordinator reaches out and begins scheduling your appointments.
Once you have completed the following steps, the Shared Services Organization will help you finish the onboarding process.
1. Depending on your position, your coordinator will schedule appointments for:
- Live Scan (background check)
- Drug screening
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
This appointment process can move faster if you are able to make each appointment on time and avoid rescheduling!
2. You will be scheduled for a post-offer, pre-placement health screening
- Review the Employee Health Services Health Clearance Checklist (PDF)
- Assemble any of your immunization records that you can locate and bring reports on your TB status - this is helpful in speeding up the clearance process.
- The TB test has to be done in person (it consists of two parts which are administered about 1-2 weeks apart)
It can take 1-2 weeks for the recruitment coordinator to schedule this appointment (based on availability)
3. You will be required to complete mandatory privacy and security training (completed online)
4. Signing new hire documents (completed electronically through DocuSign)
We recommend reading all the information you receive from your recruitment coordinator carefully, asking questions and following up directly with them, as needed.
Once you've finished with your health clearance:
|YOUR FIRST DAYS||DETAILS|
|1. Obtain your temporary Employee ID and badge from your HR Recruiter (it will be a few weeks before your official ID badge can be collected from the Medical Illustration department).||
Medical Illustration location:
|2. Create a UC Davis Health System Computing Account.||Computing Account|
|3. Create a UC Davis email address.||Email Address|
|4. View and edit your online directory listing.||Campus Listings|
|5. Enroll in DUO authentication to access UCPath Online (hub for paychecks, direct deposit, pay dates and deduction information).||Instructions|
6. Review and identify your commuting options.
|7. Attend the in-person New Employee Welcome within your first 30 days of employment.
This training also includes Mandatory Annual Training (MAT).
|An online version of MAT is available through the UC Learning Center.|