Originally, the city was named "Dicksonville" after Thomas Dickson who at the time donated 10 acres of his land for the construction of a railroad depot following the completion of the tracks and relocation of Silveyville to the now-Dixon area. However, when the first rail shipment of merchandise arrived from San Francisco in 1872, it was mistakenly addressed to "Dixon"—a name that has been used since, mainly out of simplicity. Trains no longer stop in Dixon, but the town has grown nonetheless.  The city is known for hosting the Dixon May Fair, which started in 1876 and includes tractor pulls, demolition derbys, traditional fair games, food and music.

Amount of UC Davis Employees who Live in Dixon

Note:

*Based off payroll information from April 2015.  Only full time employee information included. 

 Dixon Carnegie Library, 135 E. B St., Dixon, California

Carnegie Library in Dixon